Session I – Response through innovation and adaptation
This track will focus on the private sector remittance community’s current challenges and their key role towards ensuring market recovery and resilience in the medium to long term. Discussions will be centred on existing and future opportunities regarding digitalization, innovative business models, and cross selling of remittance related products and services that address the needs of customers on both sending and receiving countries. This track will encourage public and private sector dialogue to ensure that the implementation of identified measures is adapted to market realities
- Operating in times of crisis: Lessons learned in providing continuity of service
- Tech-celeration in the era of COVID-19: Digital and Mobile remittances going forward.
- Impediments for a greater adoption of digital transfer methods: Does and don’ts.
- Enabling environment: Barriers to private sector response
- De-risking in the remittance marketplace in times of crisis: issues and alternatives
Moderator and discussant: Leon Isaacs, Joint CEO, DMA Global
- Veronica Studsgaard, CEO, IAMTN
- Nika Naghavi, Data & Insights Director, GSMA
- Prasanna Rao, Chief Business Officer, Merchantrade Asia Sdn Bhd
- Michele Grosso, Chief Executive Officer, Democrance
The event will be the opportunity to present the new case study by GSMA “How mobile money is scaling international remittances and fostering financial resilience: Learnings from Valyou in Malaysia”.
Session II – Serving the last mile: digitalization realities in rural African markets