FR: Appels à propositions: Soutenir les envois de fonds en temps de crise en Afrique
The Financing Facility for Remittances (FFR) of the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) is pleased to announce the 2020 National Calls for Proposals: Supporting Remittances in Times of Crisis in Africa.
Through its over US$60 million fund, the FFR works to reduce poverty and promote development by leveraging both international and domestic remittances and migrant capital in rural areas of developing countries. In this context, the FFR intervenes in Africa through the Platform for Remittances, Investments and Migrants’ Entrepreneurship in Africa (PRIME Africa), a programme co-financed by the European Union, with the aim to reduce inequality and enhance financial inclusion in Africa through the reduction of remittance costs and the maximization of their impact.
Through this year’s national Calls, the FFR seeks to mitigate the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on remittance markets and flows in Africa, and foster a sustained recovery and resilience for remittance families. In doing that, the awarded proposals are expected to increase economic opportunities for the rural poor through support and development of innovative, cost-effective and easily accessible international or domestic remittance services, to and from the targeted countries and their respective remittance corridors.
This first set of national calls for proposals will focus on three targeted countries, namely The Gambia, Ghana and Senegal, and will finance initiatives that will support at least one of the following objectives:
- Reduce international remittance transaction costs – Contribute to reducing international remittance transfer costs and increase access to and use of transparent and gender responsive low-cost services.
- Accelerate digitization of international remittances – Accelerate the use of digital products and the digital payments ecosystem to support international remittances.
- Leverage remittances to deepen financial inclusion – Use international remittances as a conduit for increasing financial inclusion and the resilience of remittance senders and recipients.
- Expand formal channels for international remittances – Promote greater access and use of formal international remittance transfers.
IFAD’s FFR welcomes strategic partnerships linking for-profit entities with non-profit organizations, formal financial intermediaries, money transfer operators, microfinance institutions, financial cooperatives, postal networks, philanthropic organizations, investment funds, local and national governments, among others.
These National Calls for Proposals 2020 will finance grants from €150,000 up to €500,000.
Deadline for SUBMISSION of proposals is Friday, February 19, 2021 at 18:00h (GMT TIME).
DOWNLOAD THE GUIDELINES – TELECHARGER LES DIRECTIVES (also soon available at ifad.org/prime-africa)
Please find here below the specific guidelines for the three countries, as well as the templates for the submission of the proposals.
- The Gambia – Call guidelines
- Ghana – Call guidelines
- Senegal – Call guidelines
- Sénégal – Directives de l’appel à propositions (French version)
- Template for submission 1
- Template for submission 2
- Formulaire de soumission 1 (French version)
- Formulaire de soumission 2 (French version)
- Frequently asked questions
- Foire aux questions (French version)